Wear your hosiery well, so they always have a good run!




21 April, 2011

Why ModCloth.com is one of the Best on-line stores!

I am not going to deny that I SHOP a lot. I have more clothes then I could possibly wear, unless you layer layer layer, which I do for that very reason.

I also e-window shop on a daily basis, and when I do my first stop is always modcloth.com. I first discovered ModCloth about a year ago, when the advertisement popped up on my Facebook advertising bar. I have been hooked ever since. Their selection of affordable cute dresses, underpinnings, skirts and TIGHTS is unique and fashion forward.

The price point means you can buy without guilt, unlike its “older” sister Anthropologie where you feel the hit as soon as you purchase, unless its on sale of course. Anthroplogie and Modcloth are not connected . Modcloth.com only do a limited run of things, so you have to buy quick not to miss out. If you do miss out they have one of the best features of any e-commerce store. The notification of restock! Just one click and you are instantly added to a list or eager customers waiting for the product to either be returned or restocked...I have on many occasions used this feature, and missed out.

The quality is hit and miss, that depends on the piece. Some things just look better on-line, it’s the lighting and the Photoshop. But, I have never really been disappointed with a purchase, since there are always reviews and they are usually spot on.

Another feature that is totally awesome is "Be the Buyer" In this tab you can be the buyer of ModCloth, voting on sample pieces. Sadly sometimes they don’t make it online, and I am left feeling disappointed that I will never get to wear such an interesting piece. Other times, there are pieces so hideous that I wonder who on earth would one wear something in such an odd combination of floral and stripes and in that color way. By the time it makes it past the sample stage it is “sometimes” cuter and more interesting....sometimes.

I had the chance to meet them at a job fair, and they truly reflect the brand.
Their inspirationally story of a start-up has inspired me time and time again. I have been toying with the idea of starting an on-line business since I got laid off from Knoll. I think I am finally ready to take the plunge! I will be starting a KICKSTART in the next few weeks. So watch this space.





This particular ModCloth dress is called cutely “English Seaside Dress”, when I purchased it I pictured Nathan, Max and I strolling the boardwalk in Brighton eating cotton candy/ Candy Floss and watching the Channel...The closest that dream came to was running around the boardwalk of Rehobeth Beach, riding the tea cups and hoping that Max wouldn’t throw up all over my new dress...


With the transition of weather we are currently in ( Finally! ) I paired my “English Seaside” dress with a pair of microfiber calzedonia tights in gray. The slip is from Urban

Max is pushing me out to the way in this shot. He wanted to be in the picture




2 comments:

  1. I'm curious, do you wear hosiery year-round? I love my EF pencil skirts, but can't imagine wearing them bare-legged, due to my paleness and blue veins. In the summer it's just too hot for most tights. What do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the fab post! We love hearing feedback from our customers and fans : )

    Have a great day!

    Emily @ModCloth
    http://twitter.com/#!/ModClothBuzz

    ReplyDelete